Recognize and encourage promising applied systems engineering research by students in a Masters or Doctoral program. The award carries a $5,000 grant to the student along with an optional paid internship at JHU working on relevant systems engineering problems. The student will also be provided with a plaque and recognition at the Annual Winter Workshop.
- Rigor and creativity of proposed applied research
- Potential application to Applied Physics Laboratory systems engineering interests
- Strength of resume and bio sketch
- Strength of academic recommendations
- Additional attributes noted in the applicant’s materials that go beyond the application requirements.
- Each applicant must submit an application package to include a complete resume/vitae, a brief bio-sketch, description of the study/research areas of interest (at least 3-4 pages), and a discussion of the contribution and expected outcomes that will benefit applications of interest to the Laboratory.
- Applicants must have two faculty references submit recommendation letters on their behalf.
- Completed applications and faculty references can be submitted beginning 1 May and must be received by 30 November of each year. (The award will be made at the annual INCOSE Winter Workshop)
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen and an admitted student in a Masters or Doctoral Program in Systems Engineering at an accredited university.
- An applicant seeking the award must submit an application.
- Applicants may not receive more than one award.
JHU / APL Scholarship Recipients