Design Input Requirements – Systems Engineering Group Project
: Lou Wheatcraft
:6 May 2023
: 08:00 am -01:00 PMCDT
Click here to download Wheatland Consulting LLC
Groups will define a set of needs and transform those needs into a set of design input requirements for a case study subsystem of their choice. Some subsystems are mostly mechanical in nature, others are mainly software focused.
The goals are to develop skills for:
- Crafting well-formed requirement statements using the rules in the INCOSE GtWR. - Understanding the importance of defining attributes that are combined with the requirement statements to form requirement expressions.
- Understanding the concepts of flow down, allocation, and budgeting.
- Understanding traceability and how traceability is part of establishing digital threads across the lifecycle.
- Learning how the concepts of allocation and traceability can be used to manage and improve your sets of requirements.
- Understanding the importance of validating, verifying, and baselining your sets of design input requirements.
The offices of Actalent in Schaumburg, IL
: via Zoom.
Session 1: Project Kickoff: 6 May, 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM CDT
Session 2: Project Q&A: 11 May, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM CDT
Session 3: Project Presentations: 20 May, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM CDT