Call for Presentations: Systems Engineering – 2019
Digitalization Across the Life Cycle
On Thursday October 10, 2019, the INCOSE Texas Gulf Coast Chapter and the INCOSE Oil & Gas Working Group are hosting the 3rd annual conference focused on Systems Engineering, with the goal of providing a collaboration/communication opportunity for Systems Engineering practitioners. The conference location is in Houston, TX and details are listed below.
The conference theme is “Digitalization Across the Life Cycle” which for many industries, there has been strong initiative to digitize various aspects of the engineering design/process/products from requirements to digital twins. With the increased pressures to produce products faster and cheaper without compromising on safety, there has been improvements on how engineering products can be modeled and mature that data over time to include mimicking scenarios during operations. While the different industries are working to define how and to what level of digitization they will have this conference provides a collaborative environment for system engineering practitioners to share and learn from other’s experiences, lessons learned, and best practices.
We are seeking presentations related to this theme from System Engineering communities, specifically in the following categories:
- Digitization – presentation focused on transformation of engineering data from traditional reporting (documents) to streamlined/focused data reporting that flows through the engineering process. Data integration amongst various toolsets.
- Value of SE / Success Stories in SE – supporting the business case for systems engineering during existing and/or new development. Presentations that provide insight into the benefits of SE in enhancing project execution success.
- Requirements development and management – lessons learned and best practices in the full range of requirements, from stakeholder initial involvement through detailed specification development and maintenance. Exploring ways to show alignment with Industry standards and regulations.
- System Architecting – addressing approaches and methods for synthesizing, assessing, revising, and trading architectures during a system development or revision. Optimization for Operational Efficiency and Retrofit Applications.
- Test and Verification – presentations focused on the overarching process for ensuring the delivered system addresses ultimate user needs, and on the prototype, developmental, qualification, acceptance, or follow-on testing activities. Proving equivalence in function and performance with Industry standards and regulations.
- System Integrity – Functional Safety Integrity, Design for Maintainability/Reliability, Leveraging Model Based Engineering, Enhancing Usability via Human Factors.
- Others, depending on abstract content and interest such as Systems Integration, Exploration technology, Systems Security, Analytics
The format is presentation only, no papers required. Presentations will be scheduled in 30 minute time slots with 25 minutes for presentations and 5 minutes for Q&A. No proceedings will be published, although TGCC would like to post presentations to our internal web environment, with the permission of the authors. All presentations must be publicly releasable.
Abstracts may be up to one page in length. Please identify which SE category from above that your presentation is best related to.
- 1 Page Abstracts due: June 30, 2019
- Abstracts Selected: July 15, 2019
- Draft Presentation due: Aug 15, 2019
- Cleared presentations due: Sept 10, 2019
- Conference date for presenting: October 10, 2019
BP Helios Plaza, Helios Way, Houston, TX 77079
How to Submit an Abstract:
Interested presenters should submit their one page abstract to email@example.com.
For further information, please contact technical program chair, Kevin Orr at firstname.lastname@example.org.