The Charleston Lowcountry Chapter of the International Council of Systems Engineering (INCOSE) was chartered in 2010. We are comprised of over 100 members representing industry and government contractor organizations in the fields of Defense, Transportation, Information Technology, Civil Engineering, Aerospace, and Education. INCOSE members and would-be members are welcome to join any of the INCOSE Charleston Lowcountry Chapter's activities.
To increase knowledge of systems engineering in South Carolina for our members and across industry domains, governmental partners and educational institutions.
Provide a focal point for dissemination of systems engineering knowledge, and through its involvement with the COUNCIL to:
1. Promote collaboration in systems engineering education and research.
2. Assure the establishment of profession standards for integrity in the practice of systems engineering.
3. Improve the professional status of all persons engaged in the practice of systems engineering.
4. Encourage governmental and industrial support for research and educational programs that will improve the systems engineering process and its practice.
1. Sponsor education, training, and certification workshops for engineers interested in obtaining an Associate Systems Engineering Professional (ASEP) or Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) certification, which many industry contracts are requiring as a discriminator when evaluating multiple bids.
2. Provide an international and domestic network of seasoned Systems Engineering professionals focused on addressing the needs of various member industries through case studies, graduate/undergraduate research, and working groups.
3. Stay connected within our Charleston community to identify business opportunities and trends in order to support professional development and growth within the local economy.