INCOSE shall foster the definition, understanding, and practice of World Class Systems Engineering in industry, academia and government.
- To provide a focal point for dissemination of systems engineering knowledge.
- To promote collaboration in systems engineering education and research.
- To assure the establishment of professional standards for integrity in the practice of systems engineering.
- To improve the professional status of all persons engaged in the practice of systems engineering.
- To encourage governmental and industrial support for research and educational programs that will improve the systems engineering process and its practice.
- INCOSE encourages conferences, workshops, seminars and courses, and may sponsor or co-sponsor events as appropriate.
- INCOSE will provide its members with a membership listing and newsletter and will initiate bulletins, technical journals, and electronic bulletin boards, when feasible, to improve the dissemination of the systems engineering knowledge base.
- INCOSE will take action to increase the funding of research and educational activities that enhance the practice of systems engineering.