Upcoming Chapter Events
Hardware-Inclusive Agile & DevOps: Improving Engineering Outcomes
May 6, 2020, 6:30-7:30 PM CDT
Please register here to view additional meeting details.
321 Gang's Bryan Smith builds a foundational understanding of agile and devops, and how these frameworks have matured in the past decade. Next we'll review their key principles and how we can bring these practices and outcomes to systems engineering- where we must align software, firmware, hardware and other engineering disciplines while meeting rigorous regulatory compliance requirements. We'll discuss how a synchronized value-stream, on an iterative cadence, using DevOps can:
• Reduce batch sizes to leverage shorter learning cycles
• Shorten queues to reduce the high costs of delays
• Help limit Work in Progress (WIP) with capacity planning
• Build quality in to accelerate V&V/compliance
• Improve economic decision making
View all events
President's note, January 2019
Jan 07, 2019
Hello all. Happy New Year. I'm Kirk Kittell, a systems engineer at Boeing and the 2019 INCOSE Midwest Gateway Chapter president. Before we get started, I'd like to thank John Thompson, the outgoing president, and outgoing board members Jake Hertenstein and Mike Franco, for their service to the organization and its members. This year we're going to build on their work.
Thursday, January 24: Our first event of the year is a networking event at Sports Cafe in Bridgeton. For more information, see: http://incose-mgc.org/social. If you're a chapter member, and you bring a colleague who isn't a member, I'll buy you a drink.
2019-Q3 Planning Survey. We're looking ahead to third quarter events. Help us decide what to focus on: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7FTJT8Q.
The chapter needs your help to operate:
- We have an open position on the board: if you are interested in serving as chapter secretary, email me (email@example.com)
- The chapter board is having a strategic planning meeting for 2019-Q1 programs this Wednesday, Jan 9; see http://incose-mgc.org/spm for more information. You're welcome to join us—send me an email and I'll get you integrated.
- Join our volunteer email list and be notified whenever we need a hand: http://eepurl.com/gas8Pf