- SE Career Lifecycle event, Feb 28: incose-mgc.org/career-lifecycle
- INCOSE IW 2019 notes + working group participation survey: surveymonkey.com/r/QG3DXTW
- INCOSE at Boeing EWeek, Feb 20: incose-mgc.org/eweek
Hi all. Thanks to all who came out to the social on Jan 24. We had a dozen attendees, some new and some regular, out at Sports Cafe. We'll be back on April 24: http://incose-mgc.org/social. In the meantime, here's what we've got on tap...
(1) Systems Engineering Career Lifecycle panel on Feb 28 at Ferguson Brewing Company. Registration is open (closes Feb 25): incose-mgc.org/career-lifecycle
We have five panelists w/ varying degrees of experience (grad student up to retired SE) who will answer lightning-round questions about their SE work and experience. The purpose of the event is to give attendees a map and network they can use to have a successful career in systems engineering. If you're a new SE, or somewhere in the middle like me, you'll get some insight about the path ahead. If you're more experienced, I invite you to participate and pass your wisdom on to others—there will be time in the panel for the audience to answer as well.
(2) INCOSE International Workshop 2019. The IW (incose.org/iw2019) is an annual event that focuses on trending SE topics (like MBSE) and INCOSE operations (chapters and working groups). It's a great chance to meet other SEs from around the country and world, and to get a sense of what's coming next.
Six INCOSE-MGC members attended this year. Here are some notes about their experiences: incose-mgc.org/blog. The IW will be back in Torrance next January—you should attend.
Based on our attendees' feedback, we have identified five INCOSE working groups as being the most promising for our chapter's involvement. Please take survey and let us know which working groups you are most interested in: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QG3DXTW. If there is sufficient interest we'll make one of the working groups our chapter's technical focus for the year.
(3) Boeing Engineers Week Opportunity Fair. INCOSE will have a booth at the fair on Feb 20 from 11:00-13:00 in Building 101: incose-mgc.org/eweek. Stop by for a chance at some giveaways. Contact email@example.com if you can help. Sorry, this one is limited to Boeing employees.
Thank you again for your time and participation. If you'd like to get more involved and help us run the chapter (promote events, organize a talk, write a newsletter article, etc.), get in touch. With your help we can provide more and better programs.
Take care, and see you at the next event,
President, INCOSE Midwest Gateway Chapter