January 9th Meeting
The Cynefin framework - A Leader’s Framework for Decision Making
Minnesota State University
7700 France Avenue South Suite 519
Edina, MN 55435
REGISTER AT EVENTBRITE
Our Speaker: Mike Stoecklein from Institute For Enterprise Excellence will be presenting on the Cynefin Framework. The Cynefin framework was developed by David J. Snowden in 1999. It aims to help leaders understand that every situation is different and requires a unique approach to decision making. The framework outlines five situational domains defined by cause-and-effect relationships.Mike Stoecklein is a Partner with the Institute for Enterprise Excellence (IEX), a learning organization (a group of pracademics), who have captured lessons learned from many industries that help us expand the approach and application of principles, systems and tools in order to “bring purpose to life.”
6:15 pm Networking with Pizza
6:45 pm Welcome and Chapter Business by Roz Dolid, NSC President
7:00 pm The Cynefin framework - A Leader’s Framework for Decision Making
8:30 pm Adjourn
Date: January 25 to 28, 2020
Where: Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach
3635 Fashion Way
Torrance, California 90503 - USA
INCOSE working groups are a great place to meet individuals who are looking to overcome similar challenges. These groups often span multiple regions and industries, so we can really look at these topics in a broad, informed way. In the North Star Chapter, we have several members Chair/working in different groups like the Measurement, SE in Very Small Enterprises (VSE), Handbook as well as others. There are many topics to choose from. Finding the groups and joining is easy!
To join any working group:
1. Login to your account at INCOSE.ORG
2. Click on Welcome, <your name>, from the pull-down menu, select from the “Profile Home” link at the top of themenu.
3. Scroll down to “My committees/Working Groups and click on the link “Browse/Join a Working Group”
4. This will result in a list of Working Groups under the header Committees. (The terms are interchangeable)
5. Scroll down until you see find a committee that you are interested in. Click the link and then on the right click on the (view) link.
6. This will result in a roster of current WG members.
7. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and under “Committee Tasks” click on "Join this Committee"
Working groups are a great way to learn more about a subject, grow your network, and share your knowledge about a subject.
Get Started TODAY with this link to the Working Groups page!