Three Day CSEP/ASEP Preparation Course in Minnesota
This course is designed to help you earn the coveted INCOSE CSEP and ASEP certifications. Learn from David D. Walden, ESEP, Lead Editor of the INCOSE SE Handbook and former INCOSE Certification PM. Participants receive a copy of the SE Handbook, student handbook, and sample exam questions.
1. The INCOSE Certification Program. CSEP and ASEP Overview. Requirements for Certification. Application Process. Basis of the Examination. Renewal Requirements.
2. Systems Engineering Handbook Scope (Chapter 1). Systems Engineering Overview (Chapter 2). Systems Engineering Life-Cycle Stages (Chapter 3).
3. Systems Engineering Processes - Technical Processes (Chapter 4). Specialty Engineering (Chapter 10). Technical Management Processes (Chapter 5). Agreement Processes (Chapter 6). Organizational Project Enabling Processes (Chapter 7).
4. Tailoring and Application of Systems Engineering (Chapter 8). Cross-Cutting Systems Engineering Methods (Chapter 9). Handbook Appendices.
5. Your Path to becoming an INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional. Application Preparation. Exam Preparation/Self-Study. Scheduling the Exam. Taking the Exam. Being a Systems Engineering Professional. Maintaining Your Credentials.
6. Sample Examination. Course Wrap-up.
David D. Walden, ESEP
An internationally recognized expert in the field of Systems Engineering
- Over 35 years of industry experience
- Taught over 135 courses to over 2200 students since 2006
- INCOSE Expert Systems Engineering Professional (ESEP)
- Senior Member of the IEEE
- Lead Editor of the INCOSE SE Handbook Fourth and Fifth Editions
- INCOSE Certification Program Manager 2007-2013
- MS in MOT, University of Minnesota
- MS in EE & CS, Washington University in St. Louis
- BS in EE, Valparaiso University
The fee for this course is $2190 USD per person. The fee includes course materials (INCOSE SE Handbook Fourth Edition, student handbook, and sample exam questions), morning and afternoon refreshments, and lunch each day. Registrants who are members of INCOSE and the North Star Chapter can get a discount of $300 per person. In addition, groups of three or more people attending from the same company or organization (must register with same company Email domain name) or university SE program can get a discount of $200 per person.
NOTE: As a special incentive, everyone can register for the discounted fee of $1690 USD per person if you register on or before Monday, 24 February 2020.
Student Cancellation Policy: More than four weeks prior to the start of the event - 100% refund; two to four weeks prior to the start of the event - 50% refund; less than two weeks prior to the start of the event - no refund. Substitutions allowed with advance notification.
Sysnovation Cancellation Policy: Sysnovation reserves the right to cancel this course up to two weeks prior to the event. In the event of cancellation, participants will receive a full refund of their course fee.
Watch this space for further details!
INCOSE working groups are a great place to meet individuals who are looking to overcome similar challenges. These groups often span multiple regions and industries, so we can really look at these topics in a broad, informed way. In the North Star Chapter, we have several members Chair/working in different groups like the Measurement, SE in Very Small Enterprises (VSE), Handbook as well as others. There are many topics to choose from. Finding the groups and joining is easy!
To join any working group:
1. Login to your account at INCOSE.ORG
2. Click on Welcome, <your name>, from the pull-down menu, select from the “Profile Home” link at the top of themenu.
3. Scroll down to “My committees/Working Groups and click on the link “Browse/Join a Working Group”
4. This will result in a list of Working Groups under the header Committees. (The terms are interchangeable)
5. Scroll down until you see find a committee that you are interested in. Click the link and then on the right click on the (view) link.
6. This will result in a roster of current WG members.
7. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and under “Committee Tasks” click on "Join this Committee"
Working groups are a great way to learn more about a subject, grow your network, and share your knowledge about a subject.
Get Started TODAY with this link to the Working Groups page!