Systems Engineering in Aerospace and Oil & Gas – Opportunities for Collaboration
Call for Presentations: Systems Engineering in Aerospace and Oil & Gas – 2018 A Renewal of Exploration
During the first week of May 2018, the INCOSE Texas Gulf Coast Chapter and the INCOSE Oil & Gas Working Group are hosting the second annual conference focused on Systems Engineering in Aerospace and Oil & Gas, with the goal of providing a collaboration and communication opportunity for Systems Engineering practitioners in the Aerospace and Oil and Gas communities. The conference location is in Houston, Texas and details are listed below.
The conference theme is “Systems Engineering – a Renewal of Exploration.” For both Aerospace and Oil & Gas industries, the past few years have been difficult as they experienced forced decreases in resources and support. Both industries are now on a journey to investigate and consider new areas for discovery, whether it is in outer space or the depths of our oceans. And on this journey, there is a need for new, modified, modernized and digitized methods of meeting the challenges inspired by change. While levels of maturity and specific practices vary significantly with both communities, this collaborative environment possesses a wealth of experiences, lessons learned, and best practices.
We are seeking presentations related to this theme from both the Aero and O&G communities, specifically in the following areas:
- Value of SE / Success Stories in SE – supporting the business case for systems engineering during existing and/or new development. Presentations that provide insight into the benefits of SE in enhancing project execution success.
- Requirements development and management – lessons learned and best practices in the full range of requirements, from stakeholder initial involvement through detailed specification development and maintenance. Exploring ways to show alignment with Industry standards and regulations.
- System Architecting – addressing approaches and methods for synthesizing, assessing, revising, and trading architectures during a system development or revision. Optimization for Operational Efficiency and Retrofit Applications.
- Test and Verification – presentations focused on the overarching process for ensuring the delivered system addresses ultimate user needs, and on the prototype, developmental, qualification, acceptance, or follow-on testing activities. Proving equivalence in function and performance with Industry standards and regulations.
- System Integrity – Functional Safety Integrity, Design for Maintainability and Reliability, Leveraging Model Based Engineering, Enhancing Usability via Human Factors
- Others, depending on abstract content and interest such as Systems Integration, Exploration technology, Systems Security, Digitalization, Analytics
The format is presentation only, no papers required. Presentations will be scheduled in 30 minute time slots with 25 minutes for presentations and 5 minutes for Q&A. No proceedings will be published, although TGCC would like to post presentations to our internal web environment, with the permission of the authors. All presentations must be publicly releasable.
Abstracts may be up to one page in length.
- 1 Page abstracts due: March 14, 2018 (extended date)
- Abstracts Selected: March 30, 2018 (extended date)
- Cleared presentations due April 25, 2018
- Conference date for presenting: May 3, 2018
Doubletree Hotel Ballroom, at Greenway Plaza (4 Greenway Plz, Houston, TX 77046)
How to Submit an Abstract:
Interested presenters should submit their one page abstract to email@example.com.
For further information, please contact technical program chair, Tasha Penner at firstname.lastname@example.org.