Identify and promote opportunities associated with the effective integration of the Systems Engineering and Project/Program Management Disciplines.
- Explore the linkages necessary to create effective integration and collaboration between systems engineers and program managers
- Be the integration point where systems engineers, program/project managers, collaborate and integrate their efforts
- Facilitate collaboration between systems engineering and program management communities.
- Demonstrate the value of integrating systems engineering and program management to develop better solutions that drive strategic business results and outcomes.
- Produce useful deliverables that support effective integration and practice of collaborative systems engineering and program management.
- Provide thought leadership on open integration challenges between program management and systems engineering.
- Bring external thinking into the systems engineering and program management communities to facilitate thinking outside of the box.
- Represent a think tank for free thinking and engagement around critical issues associated with program management and systems engineering.
- Draft guidelines and/or influence existing ones (e.g. PMBoK, SEBoK, etc.) based on experience and exchanges on PM/SE integration and collaboration.
Our scope encompasses activities relating to defining, capturing, evolving, and communicating PM/SE integration best practices. This may include training material, guideline material, recommendations for industry best practices and standards, and shared output with industry working groups from other organizations.
Additionally, also in scope is joining efforts with other INCOSE working groups such as Requirements, Risks, Lean SE, Agile SE, etc... where appropriate, to ensure subject matter expertise is seamlessly integrated into various aspects of the systems engineering process. Exploration of common problems and/or practices also falls within scope.
SKILLS AND EXPERTIES REQUIRED
Strong knowledge and experience in Engineering Management and/or Project Management application and frequent obstacles, differences, gaps, overlaps, etc. are required. Hands-on experience in industries is welcomed.