Requirements Working Group
Welcome to the Website for the INCOSE Requirements Working Group!
Please also visit: INCOSE RWG - YouTube
INCOSE RWG Connect Site (for INCOSE members): https://connect.incose.org/WorkingGroups/Requirements/Pages/Home.aspx
How to Join a Working Group
Membership in Working Groups is open to any INCOSE member. To join a group:
- Log into your INCOSE account
- Go to your Profile Page, and scroll to the bottom left section titled "My Committees and Working Groups"
- Click the link for "Browse / Join a Working Group"
- Find the desired Working Group and click on View to see roster; the Join option is at the bottom of the page
- Be sure to set your INCOSE profile email privacy settings to receive messages if you want to receive WG emails.
Please see links below for highlights of the INCOSE RWG products, please download our Manual and Guides from the INCOSE Store! Pages - Store (incose.org)
Recent INCOSE RWG Products:
- Needs and Requirements Manual (NRM) - Needs, Requirements, Verification, Validation Across the Lifecycle
- Guide to Needs and Requirements (GtNR) - a practical application guide
- Guide to Verification and Validation (GtVV) - a practical application guide
- Guide to Writing Requirements (GtWR) - a practical application guide
Some useful content for Needs and Requirements Development:
1. Purpose: Advance the state of the practices, education and theory of requirements engineering and its relationship to other systems engineering functions.
2. Goal: Expand and promote the body of knowledge of requirements engineering and its benefits within the systems engineering community.
3. Scope: Activities relating to requirements engineering best practices.
4. Skills and expertise required: Representation from the following:
- Requirements engineering practitioners and educators
- Relevant standards body participants
- SE Tool Vendors
- A diversity of experience levels, disciplines, organizations, enterprises, and nations
Chair: Tami Katz, Ball Aerospace, USA
Co-Chair: Lou Wheatcraft; Wheatland Consulting, USA
Co-Chair: Mike Ryan; Capability Associates Pty Ltd, Australia
Co-Chair: Raymond Wolfgang, Sandia National Labs, USA
The Requirement Working Group will:
- meet at International Workshop
- meet virtually via telecom
- maintain its work products
- recruit champions to lead activities
- carry out assignments outside of meetings
- use INCOSE RWG discussion groups to achieve working group consensus
- promote RWG membership collaboration with other INCOSE working groups, other professional societies, commercial and industry committees, government organizations, and academic institutions
- communicate to RWG members and interested INCOSE members via
- RWG website
- RWG threaded discussions
- provide INCOSE tutorials and webinars