Systems Engineering Tools Database (SETDB) Working Group Mission
To provide the systems engineering community a reliable source of information about software tools they are using or wish to use while executing their business processes throughout a product lifecycle.
Systems Engineering Tools Database (SETDB) Working Group Objectives
- To provide information about tools in defined categories consistent with executing the processes defined in ISO 15288:2015 (as well as subsequent updated versions) and the systems engineering processes defined in the 4th Edition (and subsequent editions) of the INCOSE Systems Engineering Handbook.
- To provide the systems engineering and operational management of the SETDB Project in collaboration with Project Performance International (PPI), with the support of INCOSE and PPI IT departments, participation of INCOSE Working Groups and the sponsorship of INCOSE Technical Operations.
Working Group Chair: John Nallon
Working Group Co-Chair(s): Stephane LaCrampe (ObeoSoft); Rene King (Project Performance International)
Development Team Members: John Nallon, Robert Halligan, Stephane Lacrampe, Rene King, Nicolas Castan, Wesley Hewett, David Sellnow, Lamont McAiley, Donna Long, Alwyn Smit.
General Membership: Active and non-active members are maintained on the SETDB WG Committee list to provide them working group activity announcements and access to the working group web-pages and documentation.
- The President of INCOSE
- The Director and Deputy Director of Technical Operations (TechOps): responsible for resource advocacy and SETDB status reporting to the INCOSE BOD and external stakeholders
- The INCOSE Chief Information Officer
- The INCOSE Assistant Director Transformational
SETDB Technical Board: Robert Halligan (PPI), John Nallon (INCOSE)
Working Group Collaboration: MBSE Initiative, Requirements Working Group, Configuration Management Working Group.
INCOSE-PPI Relationship Manager: John Nallon
In collaboration with Project Performance International (PPI), the INCOSE SETDB WG provides the Systems Engineering Tools Database (SETDB) for INCOSE and PPI members and stakeholders to assist with systems engineering tool searching and information collection.
The SETDB Working Group products are available on the SETDB CONNECT site and are for INCOSE and Product Performance International use only. They are not official INCOSE products.
- The Systems Engineering Tools Database (SETDB) Working Group Charter
- The Systems Engineering Tools Database Technical Project Plan (TPP)
- The SETDB Project Plan
- The SETDB Operational Concept Description (OCD)
- The SETDB Capability System Requirements Specification (CapSyRS)
- The SETDB Use Cases
- The SETDB System Models
- The SETDB Requirements Engineering Model
- The SETDB Tools Category and Taxonomy Model
- The SETDB Verification Strategy
- The SETDB Verification Plan
- The SETDB Operational Procedures
The INCOSE/PPI Systems Engineering Tools Database is available via this link and from the INCOSE Home Page at www.incose.org
The SETDB Working Group:
- Meets weekly via virtual communication technology (typically on Thursday between 1400 and 1700 Eastern Time).
- Conducts meetings and presentations at the International Workshop and the International Symposium.
- Maintains the SETDB and all system artifacts.
- Promotes collaboration with other INCOSE working groups, other professional societies, commercial and industry committees, government organizations, academic institutions and tool vendors.
- Communicates to SETDB WG members and interested INCOSE members via:
- the SETDB Website website.
- the SETDB mail reflector, INCOSE communications media and PPI communications media.
- the chairs of participating INCOSE Working Groups.
- Communicates with INCOSE and PPI members via their respective marketing, social and communication media.
The SETDB WG will be participating in the Hybrid INCOSE 2022 International Workshop (IW) being held in January 29 to February 02, 2022.
Systems Engineering Tools Database Metrics
January 26th, 2021 through September 21, 2021
Number of Tools Published : 350
Number of Unique Vendors: 113
Number of Unique Visitors in the last month: 107
Number of Unique Visitors Since January 26th, 2021: 945
Number of Visits in the last month: 143
Number of Visits Since January 26th, 2021: 1471
Number of Web Page Searches in the last month: 78
Number of Web Page Searches Since January 26th, 2021: 827
Number of Taxonomy Visitors in the last month: 59
Number of Taxonomy Visitors Since January 26th, 2021: 392