Systems Engineering Tools Database (SETDB) Working Group Mission
To provide the systems engineering community a reliable source of information about software tools they are using or wish to use while executing their business processes throughout a product lifecycle.
Systems Engineering Tools Database (SETDB) Working Group Objectives
- To provide information about tools in defined categories consistent with executing the processes defined in ISO 15288:2015 (as well as subsequent updated versions) and the systems engineering processes defined in the 4th Edition (and subsequent editions) of the INCOSE Systems Engineering Handbook.
- To provide the systems engineering and operational management of the SETDB Project in collaboration with Project Performance International (PPI), with the support of INCOSE and PPI IT departments, participation of INCOSE Working Groups and the sponsorship of INCOSE Technical Operations.
Working Group Chair: John Nallon
Working Group Co-Chair(s): Stephane LaCrampe (ObeoSoft); Rene King (Project Performance International)
Development Team Members: John Nallon, Robert Halligan, Stephane Lacrampe, Rene King, Nicolas Castan, Wesley Hewett, David Sellnow, Lamont McAiley, Donna Long, Alwyn Smit, Laura Oskins, and Pat Myers.
General Membership: Active and non-active members are maintained on the SETDB WG Committee list to provide them working group activity announcements and access to the working group web-pages and documentation.
- The President of INCOSE
- The Director and Deputy Director of Technical Operations (TechOps): responsible for resource advocacy and SETDB status reporting to the INCOSE BOD and external stakeholders
- The INCOSE Chief Information Officer
- The INCOSE Assistant Director Transformational
SETDB Technical Board: Robert Halligan (PPI), John Nallon (INCOSE)
Working Group Collaboration: MBSE Initiative, Requirements Working Group, Configuration Management Working Group.
In collaboration with Project Performance International (PPI), the INCOSE SETDB WG is developing and will maintain the next generation Systems Engineering Tools Database (SETDB). The project leaders are communicating with our members, systems engineering tool vendors, and the INCOSE and PPI stakeholders and Working Groups that are interested in developing and/or contributing to this new tools body of knowledge.
The following SETDB Working Group products are available on the SETDB CONNECT site and are for INCOSE and Product Performance International use only. They are not official INCOSE products.
- The Systems Engineering Tools Database (SETDB) Working Group Charter
- The Systems Engineering Tools Database Technical Project Plan (TPP)
- The SETDB Project Plan
- The SETDB Operational Concept Description (OCD)
- The SETDB Capability System Requirements Specification (CapSyRS)
- The SETDB Use Cases
- The SETDB System Models
- The SETDB Requirements Engineering Model
- The SETDB Tools Category and Taxonomy Model
- The SETDB Verification Strategy
- The SETDB Verification Plan
- Develop, maintain and operate the Systems Engineering Tools Database
- Maintain the SETDB CONNECT site and the SETDB Public website
The SETDB is now available at: www.systemseningeeringtools.com
Tool Vendor Early Adopter Program Is Now Complete
A special thank you from the SETDB Development Team goes out to OBEO Software, Spec Innovations, Siemens Polarion and VITECH Corporation for your participation in our early adopter program.
INCOSE CAB Member Support Appreciation
A special thank you from the SETDB Development Team goes out to the INCOSE Corporate Advisory Board members Project Performance International (PPI) and Vitech and SPEC Innovations that supported the SETDB Development from the early concepts through implementation stages.
Additionally the following CAB members have established SETDB Tool Vendor Accounts and have published their product information in the Systems Engineering Tools Database: jama software, SPEC Innovations, Siemens (Polarion) and VITECH Corporation.
The SETDB Working Group:
- Meets weekly via virtual communication technology (typically on Thursday between 1400 and 1700 Eastern Time)
- Conducts meetings and presentations at the International Workshop and the International Symposium
- Maintains the SETDB and all system artifacts.
- Promotes collaboration with other INCOSE working groups, other professional societies, commercial and industry committees, government organizations, academic institutions and tool vendors
- Communicates to SETDB WG members and interested INCOSE members via
- the SETDB Website website.
- the SETDB mail reflector, INCOSE communications media and PPI communications media.
- the chairs of participating INCOSE Working Groups.
- Communicates with INCOSE and PPI members via their respective marketing, social and communication media.
The INCOSE SETDB WG will conduct numerous SETDB sessions at the Virtual INCOSE 2021 International Symposium (IW) being held July 17-22, 2021. Please check the IW 2021 Website for the schedule of SETDB sessions.
The 2021 International Symposium will be a virtual event during the period from July 17th thru July 22, 2021. Stay tuned for further planning announcements.