Systems Engineering Tools Database (SETDB) Working Group Mission
To provide the systems engineering community a reliable source of information about tools they are using or wish to use while executing their business processes throughout the product lifecycle.
Systems Engineering Tools Database (SETDB) Working Group Objectives
- To provide information about tools in defined categories consistent with executing the processes defined in ISO 15288:2015 (as well as subsequent updated versions) and the systems engineering processes defined in the 4th Edition (and subsequent editions) of the INCOSE Systems Engineering Handbook.
- To provide the systems engineering and operational management of the SETDB in collaboration with Project Performance International (PPI), with the support of INCOSE and PPI IT departments, participation of INCOSE Working Groups and the sponsorship of INCOSE Technical Operations.
Working Group Chair: John Nallon
Working Group Co-Chair(s): Stephane LaCrampe (ObeoSoft); Rene King (Project Performance International)
Development Team Members: John Nallon, Robert Halligan, Stephane Lacrampe, Rene King, Nicolas Castan, Wesley Hewett, David Sellnow, Lamont McAiley, Donna Long, Alwyn Smit, Tami Katz (and the Requirements Working Group)
General Membership: Non-active members maintained on the SETDB WG Committee list that provides them working group activity announcements and access to the working group web-pages and documentation.
- The President of INCOSE
- The Director and Deputy Director of Technical Operations (TechOps): responsible for resource advocacy and SETDB status reporting to the INCOSE BOD and external stakeholders
- The INCOSE Chief Information Officer
- The INCOSE Assistant Director Transformational
SETDB Systems Engineering Advisors: Robert Halligan (PPI), John Nallon (INCOSE)
In collaboration with Project Performance International (PPI), the INCOSE SETDB WG is developing and will maintain the next generation Systems Engineering Tools Database (SETDB). The project leaders are communicating with our members, systems engineering tool vendors, and the INCOSE and PPI stakeholders and Working Groups that are interested in developing and/or contributing to this new tools body of knowledge.
The following SETDB Working Group products are available on the SETDB CONNECT site and are for INCOSE and Product Performance International use only. They are not official INCOSE products.
- Maintain the Systems Engineering Tools Database (SETDB) Working Group Charter
- Manage the Systems Engineering Tools Database Technical Project Plan (TPP)
- Maintain the SETDB Project Plan
- Maintain the SETDB Operational Concept Description (OCD)
- Maintain the SETDB Capability System Requirements Specification (CapSyRS)
- Develop and maintain the SETDB Use Cases
- Develop and maintain the SETDB System Model
- Maintain the SETDB Requirements Engineering Model
- Maintain the SETDB Tools Category and Taxonomy Model
- Develop and maintain the SETDB Verification Strategy
- Develop and maintain the SETDB Verification Plan
- Develop, maintain and operate the Systems Engineering Tools Database
- Develop and maintain the SETDB CONNECT site and the SETDB Public website
Tool Vendor Early Adopter Program
A special thank you from the SETDB Development Team goes out to XLDyn LLC, Spec Innovations, Siemens PLM Software and SPARX Systems for your participation in our early adopter program.
These companies will be able to load their own tool information and answer any pertaining capability surveys on-line before the SETDB goes public. They will be given the opportunity to be trained by the Development Team and populate their account before the public release. Meanwhile we are using their information to validate and verify the SETDB Tool Vendor Account functionality during system testing.
If you would like to be an early adopter please request a form before June 15, 2020 by e-mailing a request for the form to our Vendor Liaison. After June 15, the registered tool vendors will be provided access to begin loading their product information into the database.
The INCOSE SETDB WG plans to release the Systems Engineering Tools Database to the INCOSE membership and PPI clients in July in conjunction with the International Symposium. Details will be provided as soon as they are available.