Promote the advancement and understanding of Systems Science, Systems Theories and their application to SE.
We have the following objectives:
- Encourage advancement of Systems Science principles and concepts as they apply to Systems Engineering.
- Promote awareness of Systems Science as a foundation for Systems Engineering.
- Highlight linkages between Systems Science theories and empirical practices of Systems Engineering.
Systems science provides a rigorous, underlying basis to the empirically derived practices to systems engineering that have evolved over time.
Contact SSWG for additional information or to participate in our discussions. You can join from our discussion group page at https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#%21forum/syssciwg
Since the working group has a collaborative working agreement with the International Society of Systems Sciences (ISSS) many of our participants are not INCOSE members. Therefore we maintain a presence on our wiki site at https://sites.google.com/site/syssciwg/
We also have a google discussion group at https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#%21forum/syssciwg
You can join this WG by going to our discussion group page and registering yourself as a member.
The working group has a number of on-going projects, each of which has been producing useful information. These products can be found on the project page for each at our WG wiki site https://sites.google.com/site/syssciwg/
- Basic Structural Modeling
- Better SE for INCOSE
- SEBOK & Sys Sci BOK
- Service Science
- Sys Sci Education & Training
- Systems of Innovation
- Systems Philosophy for SE (NEW)
- Systems Processes & Pathologies
- System Top Level Categories
- Unified Ontology of Science Systems
- Working Paper on SS/SE Synergies