Conference Theme: Systems Engineering Relevance: Time for a Sea Change!
The Los Angeles Chapter of INCOSE is hosting the second annual Western States Regional Conference, serving the systems engineering communities across the western United States and beyond. The LA Chapter has teamed with the other INCOSE western states chapters to bring you a conference close to home. The conference will feature keynote presentations, tutorials, technical presentations, panel discussions, and networking events. The venue is Loyola Marymount University, located less than 15 minutes north of Los Angeles International airport (LAX), and convenient to numerous business and entertainment opportunities.
The conference theme is Systems Engineering Relevance: Time for a Sea Change! The INCOSE Vision 2025 envisions Systems Engineering making significant strides in expanding the application of systems engineering across industry domains and new technologies. In addition, new techniques, including Model-Based Systems Engineering and Artificial Intelligence, are breaking down traditional functional silos.
The WSRC Program Committee invites you to submit a proposal for a presentation, panel discussion, or tutorial. We are interested in the following topics:
- SE Application to Healthcare and Medical Devices
- SE in Large Observatories
- SE in Transportation Systems
- SE in Natural and Social Systems
- Agile Systems Engineering
- Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Attracting and Developing Tomorrow’s SE Workforce
- Systems Research and Analysis
- Resilient and Sustainable Systems
Each accepted submittal will receive one $50 registration discount. At least one presenter (or the panel chair and all panelists) must register for the conference and pay the applicable registration fee.
Conference EasyChair: click here to go to easy chair
Submittals must include:
- Presenter(s)’ name, affiliation, contact information, and brief biography
- Additional presenters or instructors, if any
- Abstract which clearly and concisely describes the subject (500-word limit) in sufficient detail for the Program Committee to evaluate the depth and breadth of the contribution, and for conference participants to determine if they wish to attend
- For panels, please identify why the topic is relevant, panel participants who have committed to participate, and a summary of their position statements
- For tutorials, please identify top-level learning objectives, topical outline, and proposed duration (half- or full-day)
- Presentations are allocated 45 minutes including questions
WSRC2019 will feature an INCOSE SE Professional Development Day (SE PDD) on Saturday, September 14. The SE PDD will be a virtual extension of the conference, with the featured sessions broadcast from LMU to several satellite sites across the region. Presentations and panels may be selected for participation in the SE PDD.
Presenters grant INCOSE the right to record, publish, and distribute their presentations, including audio, video, and slide show content, unless expressly denied in writing. The INCOSE IP release form is available on the "Contacts" then "Downloads" page of this website.
This call for proposals is available to download from the "Contacts" then "Downloads" page of this website.
Program – to be announced June 2019
•WSRC2019 Keynote Speakers (include photos and bios)
•WSRC2019 Call for Proposals
•WSRC2019 Call for SE PDD Site Participation
Thank you to our sponsors!