Project deliverables are defined in the TIMLM WG Technical Project Plans (TPP). TPP’s are developed, submitted and tracked as defined by the applicable Technical Operations procedure for each working group project. Historical deliverables are stored in the TIMLM WG CONNECT site and include: An Integrated Systems Engineering Environment (DRAFT), Systems Engineering Tools Matrix (including MBSE Tools), tool interoperability analysis results, model lifecycle management, and presentations and reports from the PDES Inc and OSLC Liaison projects.
The TIMLM WG provides information services for other Working Groups to consider in developing their own agendas and plans that involve the use of computer based tools in the execution of their plans. Frequent requests from INCOSE Working Groups, the Standards Initiative, and the MBSE activity groups are supported as needed.
The TIMLM WG provides services to the Standards Initiative for developing international standards that involve the integration and interoperability of systems engineering tools and data exchange. The TIMLM WG communicates with numerous vendors, standards groups and professional organizations interested in or working on integration and interoperability as requested by INCOSE leadership or membership. Surveys
- As needed
INCOSE International Workshop Presentations
- January 2013; Lets Talk About Tool Integration & Interoperability- What is the Big Deal? What Are the Issues, What Can be Done?
- January 2014; OSLC Liaison Project Review; ALM Interoperability;
Interoperability in the SE Environment Forum;
- January 2015; Systems Engineering Requirements and Traceability Project Report;
Systems Engineering Tools Survey Reports and Analysis
- January 2016; Update of the Systems Engineering Tool Matrix;
SySML Model Portability Project Review;
SE Traceability Project Review
- June 2012; Systems Engineering Tools: Where are We and Where We are Headed? (USAF SE Conference)
- IS2014; Introduction to Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration (Paper: Axel Reichwein)
- IS2014; Model Lifecycle Management for MBSE (Paper: MBSE MLM Activity Team)
- IS2014: Do Systems Engineers Have a Tool/Standards Infrastructure that Enables Easy Access to the Information They Require? (Panel: Dr. Julian Johnson)
- IS2016: Crafting a Collaboration Space for the Conceptualization of a Collaborative Engineering Service for the Management of Modeled Engineering Artifacts Throughout Their Enterprise Lifecycle. (Paper: Lonnie VanZandt)
MBSE Workshop Track Sessions
- IW2014: MBSE Model Lifecycle Management Activity Team (Lonnie VanZandt)
- IW2015: Enabling Modeling and Tool Integration (Axel Reichwein)
- IW2016: MBSE Model Lifecycle Management Activity Team (Lonnie VanZandt)
- IW2017: MBSE and TIMLM WG Presentations
- Collaborative alliance with PDES Inc.
- ISO 10303 - AP233; Systems Engineering Data Exchange
- ISO 10303 - AP239; Product Lifecycle Support
- ISO 10303 - AP242; Managed Model Based 3D Engineering
- OSLC - Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration
- SySML - Systems Modeling Language
- ReQIF - Requirements Interchange Format
The TIMLM WG
has developed a few surveys to help us gather information regarding tool integration and model life cycle management. Reports are generated from these surveys and used for a variety of tool related projects, including the maintenance of a Systems Engineering Tool Matrix. Please take a few minutes to fill out a survey and help us plan the future of tool integration and model life cycle management in the systems engineering domain. Thank you in advance.