Information and Communication Technologies (ICT, originally the Telecommunications Working Group) underpin
s communities, businesses and governments. ICT stakeholders need ease of use, performance, security and reliability. ICT-based systems are complex, yet pressures exist for more responsive capability and capacity enhancements within challenging cost constraints. The INCOSE ICT Working Group (WG) proposes that systems engineering is under-represented in this application area and has a major part to play in the design, development, maintenance and operation of ICT-based systems.
The WG aims to enable telecommunications systems stakeholders and providers to better support their users:
- Critical and emergency services personnel;
- Federal and municipal governments, utilities and transportation agencies;
- Enterprise and consumer users of commercial telecommunications services and the broader public.
- implementing and operating Cloud services including IoT
- Aid in understanding and utilizing newer wireless technologies including 5G, SATCOM and short haul radio.
The WG intends to be:
- A forum for communications technologies practitioners to discuss problems and challenges;
- A forum for systems engineers who are interested in communications applications;
- INCOSE's lead forum to advance the application of systems engineering for information communications technologies
The purpose of the WG is to improve delivery of communications solutions by enhancing the systems engineering body of
knowledge for communications applications.
The WG will lead this effort within INCOSE, in liaison with external communications experts, standardization bodies,
organizations and communities.