PESWG goals and objectives include:
1. Identification of viable candidate energy systems for inclusion in the scope of PESWG studies / activities including viable aerospace power system (Lunar surface microgrid), as well as terrestrial application (Cuyahoga County microgrid).
2. Define system methods needed for development of advanced power and energy systems and technologies required to enable life‐cycle development process.
3. For each candidate system solution:
o Definition of stakeholders and the relevant needs as applicable
o Interpretation of key needs, risks, and requirements into quantifiable “measures of effectiveness” for comparative analysis
o Development of system models for simulation of performance and effectiveness
4. Demonstration of model‐based engineering methods to enable design of advanced power and energy systems including system behavior (MBSE), effectiveness, economics, and dynamics.(Energy/Exergy)
5. Recommendations on application of system methods and identification of key priorities for advancement of future power and energy system developments.
6. Define two Technical Project Plans for advanced microgrid applications that encompass advanced energy, power, and systems technologies needed to establish modular microgrids as a basic building block for aggregated electric power grids.
Energy sector organizations; Research Organizations; Government Agencies; Universities;
(Potential collaborative INCOSE working groups: System Architecture, Model‐driven System Design, Critical Infrastructure, Complex Systems, Space Systems, Risk
• Draft Technical Project Plans for terrestrial and aerospace microgrid power systems, and Task descriptions for Working Group support efforts.
• Further definition of Microgrid Reference Model encompassing system architecture, economic, and dynamical behavior of microgrid energy systems.
• Establishment of INCOSE / PESWG as a leading entity on the forefront of energy solution concepts and methods of development
Expected completion date(s) or time‐frame (e.g. short, mid or long‐term)
Goal 1 (above) expected mid‐term (i.e. < 1 year). Goals 2‐5 Draft of initial TPPs expected long term