The Joint ASEE SED/INCOSE Outstanding Systems Engineering Educator Award recognizes an individual, who provides/provided outstanding contributions in the field of systems engineering education and/or the education of systems engineering. The awardee has demonstrated outstanding contributions in one or more of the following criteria:
- Significant contribution to the creation/development of a SE academic program of long-lasting impact.
- Development/promotion of innovative SE instructional approaches that have long sustained effective learning and that others have potentially adopted widely.
- Research in SE education that others have widely adopted with effective results.
- Infusion of SE education in non-traditional settings (e.g., K12, systems engineering for non-engineers, systems engineering for all, etc.).
- Long-term sustained education of effective systems engineers.
- Outstanding service to promote research in systems engineering education and the outreach and adoption of SE education.