Certification Blog

Certification Overview

What is it like for a student who qualifies for academic equivalency?

Dec 10, 2021
Courtney Wright
Once a set of university courses is approved for academic equivalency, students who do well in that coursework may apply for ASEP and CSEP certification without having to take the INCOSE knowledge exam. Academic equivalency is an alternate way to meet the knowledge requirement for these two certification levels.

A student whose name is submitted to INCOSE as having qualified via academic equivalency is recorded in the INCOSE certification database. That student has 12 months to apply for ASEP or CSEP certification and use their knowledge equivalent. This application process starts with joining INCOSE as an individual or student member, then paying the application fee. These are the only steps required for ASEP. CSEP applicants will also submit individual application forms and references.
images of ASEP, CSEP, and ESEP badges
Contact Us