The Mission of the INCOSE Architecture Working Group (AWG) is to expand the practice of architecture in Systems Engineering and advance the body of knowledge. Architecture is an integral part of the concepts and practice of Systems Engineering and must evolve with the ongoing advancements in Systems Engineering. Therefore, a standing working group has been established to facilitate and focus ongoing advances across the various types of System Architecture and to support collaboration both across INCOSE and with other international bodies that have a common interest.
The stakeholders of this WG are the practitioners and researchers in Systems and System of Systems Architecture. In recent years the ISO working group JTC1/SC7/WG42 has been a ‘customer’ and on-going collaborations with the IEEE, OMG and FEAPO have been established. It is an ongoing objective to seek closer collaborations with other WGs and Initiatives within INCOSE.
Specific ongoing objectives the INCOSE AWG seeks to accomplish are:
- Advance and evolve the architecture body of knowledge
- Promote the use and practice of architecture principles in systems engineering
- Share best practices for the use of architecture in systems engineering projects
- Develop the practice of architecture within AWG members’ home organizations
- Expand the effort in architecture related standards and specifications.
The goals are accomplished by establishing specific outcomes each year at the INCOSE IW.